Emerson Fry is seeking to add a Production Artist to our creative department. The production artist will participate in the full creative cycle from shoot to publish with a strong emphasis on creating layouts for a variety of facets of our e-commerce and print marketing business. They will report directly to the Creative Director and work closely with Production Coordinator to achieve professionally produced layouts for publication.
- Participation in photo-shoots and photo selection (ability to shoot at times is a plus).
- Retouching and cropping of selected photos (coordinating with external contractors for larger batches).
- Creation of designs, concepts, and layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts for both web and print.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type.
- Maintain file organization on multiple platforms.
- Loading and maintaining all final artwork on website and social media channels.
- Maintain production, design, and process standards of the highest quality
- As appropriate, recommend and implement solutions to improve production values, process flow, quality standards and team efficiency
- Position is full time in our Portsmouth, NH office.
- Proficient in the latest Mac operating systems and desktop publishing software, with advanced experience with Adobe Creative Suite (emphasis on Lightroom, Photoshop, and In Design).
- Strong prioritization and interpersonal skills to balance multiple demands.
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly, an extreme attention to detail and strong communication skills.
- Love of doing great things.
If you or anyone you know are interested in the postion, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.